Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Product Trials/Reviews - Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm and NutraNail Total Care 5in1 Treatment

I picked up a few little items when I was down in the states today.



First up, from Fred Meyer, is Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm.  The description on the box says:

   "Combination remover and creme quickly eliminates excess, ragged cuticles & hangnails as it conditions nails and cuticles. The result? Instantly, healthy, beautiful, conditioned cuticles that look up to 80% smoother.

  • 2-in-1 formula with white tea & cucumber gently & quickly loosens & exfoliates stubborn, overgrown cuticles while leaving skin feeling deeply moisturized
  • Helps prevent hangnails and promotes healthy nail growth
  • Can be used daily"

  •  You basically rub a tiny bit into your cuticles every day and its supposed to buffer off the dead skin and moisturize the cuticles all in one step.  Super easy right?  Well, first thing I can say about this is something I noticed immediately after opening it.  It smells AMAZING.  Like you're in a spa with cucumbers on your eyes.  It also looks so pretty with its green and white swirls that I almost didnt want to mess it up.  But I did, lol.  It has a slightly waxy finish to it, which i like.  It gives it a little bit of a moisture barrier on the skin.  It absorbs easily into the skin and even after just one use my cuticles seem a little smoother and more moisturized, although I have a long way to go since winter has been harsh on my skin.  So far this product gets a thumbs up.  I'll post in a couple weeks to let you guys know how its working over the longer term.



    Second product I picked up, which I found for 75% off at Rite-Aid is the NutraNail Total Nail Care 5in1 Treatment.  Its supposed to be 5 products in 1.
                                             
    1) A growth treatment that shows visibly longer nails in 5 days
    2) A strengthening treatment that has stronger nails in 3 days
    3) A ridge filling base coat that makes your nails grow with less ridges in the future
    4) A super glossy top coat
    5) A moisturizing complex for more flexible nails

    My first impression is that the lid is triangular shaped, and a little awkward to get off the bottle.  I can't imagine it being easy if you have already painted your nails and are trying to get the topcoat open.  So far I've used it as a basecoat.  Its super shiny, so I imagine it would be as shiny as a top coat.  My nails do look smoother.  I'll let you know in a week if the strengthener and growth treatment worked.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment