Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome to my Nail Art Blog

Hello Everyone,
   You may not know it (I hope) but a year ago, i could not paint my nails.  I swear they looked like a drunken monkey got ahold of them.  Then i realized that doing my nails is a super stress reliever, and since then, i have gone through bottles of remover, tons of trial and error, and expanded my nail polish collection to what my boyfriend calls "Ridiculous" levels.  I post pictures of my manicures for my friends and I've gotten a lot of good feedback so I decided to start a blog to keep all of it in one place and share my love of nail art with others.  I have become totally addicted.  I'll admit it. Thanks to girls like Nailsaurus, I have decided to dedicate some time to a blog to showcase my designs, review polishes, and help others learn from the mistakes I've made and all the neat tips I've picked up.  If i can do it, anyone can.  Okay, I'm rambling now, so i'll just get on with it.  The photo below is my Swatch stick bucket.  I bought the metal bucket at Ikea, and i have each color group (warm, cool, neutral, and glitter/texture coats) strung together on a loop of ribbon.  I made the swatch sticks by gluing a false nail to a popsicle stick and painting them.  I wrote the brand and color name on the stick, which makes it easy to find it in my newly organized nail polish boxes which I have labelled and sorted by brand.  So without further ado, Welcome to Splashes of Polish.

Swatch Stick Bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment