Friday, January 25, 2013

Striping Tape...

So I've never owned striping tape.  I've wanted to for as long as I've been interested in my nails, yet they don't sell it around here.  I've tried regular tape, but try cutting it into thinner strips, man that's hard! The strips are never straight, are hard to place, and even the next day they tend to pull off the polish.  I've also used french tip guides, but they are curved and thicker.  I was browsing Ebay today, and I came across this.  It is a pack of 10 different colors of striping tape.  Going for a whopping $1.41 with free shipping.  I know the quality can't be marvelous, but for a first try of something I think that's a good price to pay for what basically evens out to an experiment. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try manicures like this one featured on the facebook page of Man Glaze.
This was created by the Crumpet and shared to the facebook page of ManGlaze Original Matte Nail Polish, which I follow.  I love this manicure for so many reasons and once I get my striping tape I plan to do my own version of it.  I am thinking maybe tropical colors, Tropical cocktail colors, Caribbean turquoise, Palm tree green, Sunset colors.  Or maybe monotone with various shades of the same color, maybe Pink or Blue.  I am brimming with ideas.  The reviews of this seller say the shipping is super fast so I'm really hoping it comes quickly.  I'm still loving my manicure from yesterday, and for once it isn't chipping off, so theres no new manicure of the day today.  Yesterday I painted a sunset and water scene with a palm tree silhouette on my friends nails, but I forgot to take pictures, so I can't even show you what I had planned. Anyways, I'm off to watch Ghost Hunters and relax a little since it's back to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment